Re: [gold] PATCH: PR gold/14993: Section sorting interferes with the incremental update

> I don't think the negative file offset should be happening in the
> first place, and it seems to be caused by the fact that we've turned
> on input section tracking for .text. With an incremental update, the
> offset assigned in Output_section::add_input_section should be final
> (and non-negative), and it shouldn't be overridden later in
> Sized_relobj_file::layout_section. I think the right solution is to
> suppress section sorting during an incremental update -- the two are
> fundamentally incompatible. I'll take a closer look at this.

HJ, can you try the attached patch with x32? I've changed
Output_section::add_input_section so that when we allocate patch space
for an input section, we immediately return its offset. There's no
point in tracking it as an input section, because we will not want to
do any sorting.

All tests pass on x86_64.

-cary

2013-01-04  Cary Coutant  <ccoutant@google.com>

        * gold/output.cc (Output_section::add_input_section): For incremental
        updates, don't track input sections that are allocated from patch
        space.