This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: stabs support in binutils, gcc, and gdb
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, David Taylor <dtaylor at emc dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 08:12:32 +0400
- Subject: Re: stabs support in binutils, gcc, and gdb
- References: <12972.1357230104__33958.3243280233$1357230256$gmane$org@usendtaylorx2l> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAGWvnyk_gHuJ2DJh-nuD44dy2fakk4iYGh7AeyQv+Mcm0pX0Hg@mail.gmail.com>
> AIX still uses STABS. GCC produces it and GDB consumes it.
> Recent releases of AIX now support DWARF as well, but GCC and GDB have
> not been converted to use it on AIX.
Note that GNU ld is now completely usable; and one of the side
effects of using GNU ld is the ability to switch over to DWARF,
even on older versions such as AIX 5.1.