This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: stabs support in binutils, gcc, and gdb
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: David Taylor <dtaylor at emc dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 10:02:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: stabs support in binutils, gcc, and gdb
- References: <12972.1357230104__33958.3243280233$1357230256$gmane$org@usendtaylorx2l>
>>>>> "David" == David Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
David> It appears that STABS is largely in maintenance mode. Are there any
David> plans to deprecate STABS support? If STABS enhancements were made and
David> posted would they be frowned upon? Or would they be reviewed for
David> possible inclusion in a future release?
In gdb things are rarely pre-emptively deprecated like this.
If someone wants to maintain the stabs code, then it will stay alive.
The most important thing is having a reasonably responsive maintainer --
it is the un-maintained code that tends to slowly rot and then
eventually be deleted.