This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFA] New port: CR16: BFD Changes required by the gdb port
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Kaushik Phatak <Kaushik dot Phatak at kpitcummins dot com>
- Cc: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, "binutils\ at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "gdb-patches\ at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 07:19:09 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA] New port: CR16: BFD Changes required by the gdb port
- References: <C6CA53A2A46BA7469348BDBD663AB65848541C0B@KCHJEXMB02.kpit.com> <50CB6CA4.email@example.com> <C6CA53A2A46BA7469348BDBD663AB6584856466C@KCHJEXMB02.kpit.com>
>>>>> "Kaushik" == Kaushik Phatak <Kaushik.Phatak@kpitcummins.com> writes:
Pedro> It'd be nice if all these exported symbols were prefixed, to avoid
Pedro> namespace collisions.
Kaushik> I have added 'cr16_' as a prefix to all these exported symbols.
Kaushik> (make_instruction,match_opcode): Added function prototypes.
What about these?
Kaushik> /* Current opcode table entry we're disassembling. */
Kaushik> const inst *instruction;
I don't know opcodes, but it seems to me that it is best if a library
either makes symbols static or gives them a name prefix.
Otherwise you are going to run into clashes at link time.