This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: R_ARM_TLS_DTPMOD32 Relocation
- From: Matthew Gretton-Dann <matthew dot gretton-dann at linaro dot org>
- To: naveen yadav <yad dot naveen at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, linaro-toolchain <linaro-toolchain at lists dot linaro dot org>
- Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 11:54:56 +0000
- Subject: Re: R_ARM_TLS_DTPMOD32 Relocation
- References: <CAJ8eaTxGmQnefuPkmCX0kjCcCQ6Ei56Aj22u3hqxvxLGTOC+uQ@mail.gmail.com>
[gcc-help removed from CC as this is probably not a GCC issue.]
On 31 December 2012 13:12, naveen yadav <email@example.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
> When doing prelink I got following error.
> /a.out: R_ARM_TLS_DTPMOD32 reloc in executable?
> Gcc version 4.6
> I have following question:
> 1. What this relocation do. ?
The answer to this is found in the ABI document:
Sections 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 detail the purpose of this relocation
and how it is to be interpreted. In summary it resolves to the module
number of the relocated symbol or of the current module.
> 2. Is it problem in tool chain ?
The toolchain is allowed to generate this relocation - so it probably
isn't a toolchain issue. But you don't give enough information to be
able to work this out - we need a full testcase with source and
command lines used.
> 3. Are we need to fix this in Prelink utils
As I said above, I don't have enough information to answer this with
confidence. But my guess is that yes - you are going to have to
handle this (and the related relocations) in the prelink utilities.
Linaro Toolchain Working Group