[AArch64] Binutils/gas/ld port for ARM's new 64-bit architecture, AArch64 [0/6]

Yufeng Zhang Yufeng.Zhang@arm.com
Tue Jul 31 16:37:00 GMT 2012

On 07/30/12 15:54, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jul 2012, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
>
>> ARM is pleased to announce a port of binutils, gas and ld to its
>> AArch64 architecture.
>
> Could you confirm the target triplets for which you have run the binutils,
> gas and ld testsuites for this port, and confirm that you have 100% clean
> test results for them (except for any failures you specifically identify
> in patch submissions), tested on both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts (since it's
> quite common for some assembler issues not to appear on both 32-bit and
> 64-bit)?

The following target triplets have been fully tested:

aarch64-none-elf
aarch64_be-none-elf
aarch64-none-linux-gnu

We have clean test results apart from one issue in the LD test 'Indirect
symbol tests', which we are still investigating.

The testing had been done on 64-bit hosts. I'm currently running the
testsuites on 32-bit hosts and working on fixing a few minor issues that
have been found. I'll make sure the next patch set is fully tested on
both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts.

Many thanks for your valuable feedback. I'll respond to your other
comments soon; in the meantime if you have any other feedback, please do
not hesitate to let me know.

Kind regards,
Yufeng