This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Recognize the armv7 pe magic
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Martin Storsjo <martin at martin dot st>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 13:36:41 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Recognize the armv7 pe magic
- References: <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 29/11/12 14:47, Martin Storsjo wrote:
include/coff/arm.h | 3 ++-
1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
Updated the patch to rename it to ARMV7PEMAGIC, which is more consistent
with the existing defines.
This is OK, though I will note here that I think it is generally a bad
idea to try and encode the architecture variant in the magic number --
it's just too simplistic.