This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [GOLD] relaxation query
- From: Doug Kwan (éæå) <dougkwan at google dot com>
- To: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 14:51:54 -0800
- Subject: Re: [GOLD] relaxation query
- References: <20121126224424.GD4842@bubble.grove.modra.org>
Relaxation was retrofitted into layout when I did the ARM port.
Basically I assume that I have all the sections but I can repeatedly
lay them out until the layout is stabilized. You may be able to add a
new section but you have to be very careful that the layout data
structure is consistent and the new sections are still there if layout
fails and relaxation rolls back the layout and retries.
On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
> Is do_relax too late to be calling Layout::add_output_section_data?
> If I try that with a section needing a new output section, I hit
> in Output_segment::add_output_section_to_load.
> Alan Modra
> Australia Development Lab, IBM