This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Scan for Mach-O start address in LC_MAIN and properly check bfd_mach_o_scan_start_address's return value
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: David Albert <davidbalbert at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 19:58:48 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Scan for Mach-O start address in LC_MAIN and properly check bfd_mach_o_scan_start_address's return value
- References: <CAKYxTUYkjYQyPzOvTXQNJEyH10YJxy=H1YppPCDuVz=AT1Ln3g@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, 20 Nov 2012, David Albert wrote:
> - I ran `make check` in the binutils tree both before and after
> applying the patch and found no visible. I've included the results
> below. You can find the full output here:
> https://gist.github.com/4120289. Are there other tests I need to run?
You actually need to run "make -k check" (not just "make check")
to run the full testsuite or else "make" will stop after any
submodule check that has errors, like in this case, binutils.
To wit, you didn't run the linker or assembler tests.