This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] ld --dynamic-list=
- From: James Lemke <jwlemke at mentor dot com>
- To: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 08:55:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ld --dynamic-list=
- References: <508EB38B.email@example.com> <509D2E57.firstname.lastname@example.org>
PING. Any comments?
On 11/09/2012 11:24 AM, James Lemke wrote:
On 10/29/2012 12:49 PM, James Lemke wrote:
I recently had a customer complaint about building an ELF executable that
exports entry points. They used --dynamic-list=$file to specify the names
for export. To make that work they also had to specify -u for each name
and make a reference to each name in their code.
It seems wrong that they have to make a call to a symbol in order to have
It seems wrong that names specified by --dynamic-list= don't create an
undefined reference (as per -u).
My solution is attached. There is no functional change for building shared
objects. Only for using --dynamic-list when building executables.
Tested & bootstrapped on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Also tested on a MIPS target.
Mentor Graphics / CodeSourcery
Orillia Ontario, +1-613-963-1073