Re: top-level configure.ac changes lost in sync

On Thu, 2012-11-15 22:02:49 +0100, Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-11-14 21:05:04 -0500, DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com> wrote:
> > Checkin rules are documented in the toplevel MAINTAINERS file:
> >
> >     Makefile.*; configure; configure.ac; src-release
> > 	Any global maintainer can approve changes to these

config.guess; config.sub; readline/support/config.{sub,guess}
        config: http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/config
        Patches to config-patches@gnu.org.
        Changes need to be done in tandem with the official CONFIG
        sources or submitted to the master file maintainer and brought
        in via a merge.  When updating any of these files, please be
        sure to update all of them.
        Please notify the following of any committed patches:
                binutils@sourceware.org
                gdb-patches@sourceware.org

> I'm auto-building toolchains for some 30 targets on a daily basis, it
> wouldn't be any pain for me to hack a script to check the top-level
> files for differences. I already have commit rights to gcc and src,
> but not IMHO for gdb.
>
> So... I'll prepare a script to spot changes to the toplevel files and
> and merge it to the other repos.  Shall I only *notify* the other
> repo's mailing lists, or wait for separate ACK for each of them?

Job done. The `gcc' and `src' repos are currently in sync, but
config.sub is not. This upstream commit is missing:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/config.git/commit/config.sub?id=c32cdd1e576a5114994878bc345affa73e3ead1a

	commit c32cdd1e576a5114994878bc345affa73e3ead1a