This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][i386] Add /lib32 directories to search path
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 13:11:29 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][i386] Add /lib32 directories to search path
- References: <FA1FFBDE-6543-487E-82C7-F6908FA7900D@codesourcery.com>
On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Maxim Kuvyrkov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This patch makes linker look in /lib32 and /usr/lib32 for libraries when linking for 32-bit user-space. This patch is in Debian for many now, and I shamelessly ripped it off.
> I don't see any downside to this patch on systems with a different /lib layout (i.e., non-Debian-based distributions). If the /lib32 directories are not present -- fine, they will be ignored; if they are present -- they are most certainly to have relevant 32-bit libraries.
> OK to apply?
OK after dropping " | x86_64*-kfreebsd*-gnu | i[3-7]86*-kfreebsd*-gnu".
kfreebsd support should be a separate patch to include
other x86 targets.