This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: RFC: implement 'info proc mappings' for core files
- From: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 01:45:34 -0200
- Subject: Re: RFC: implement 'info proc mappings' for core files
- References: <email@example.com>
On Friday, November 02 2012, Tom Tromey wrote:
> I'm CCing the binutils list because this patch, like my previous one,
> needs a small addition to elfcore_grok_note, this time to make the
> NT_FILE note's data available to gdb.
> This patch implements "info proc mappings" and "info proc exe" for core
> files. It also changes gdb to write the NT_FILE note from "gcore".
Wow, I totally forgot about this feature. In fact, I thought Ulrich's
patch had already implemented it! If I knew it hadn't been implemented,
I would have sent my patches again :-). Shame on me.
Anyway, thanks for implementing this!