This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: RFC: handle new NT_SIGINFO note in gdb
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 18:30:58 +0000
- Subject: Re: RFC: handle new NT_SIGINFO note in gdb
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 10/30/2012 05:18 PM, Tom Tromey wrote:
> This patch adds support for the new Linux NT_SIGINFO core note to gdb.
> First, I've CCd the binutils list because this includes a BFD change.
> In particular, in order to access the note data, I changed BFD to make a
> pseudosection for this new note's data. This seemed ok based on
> surrounding code; but if some other method is preferred, just let me
> know and I will implement that instead.
> On the gdb side the support is relatively straightforward.
All looks great to me. Thanks Tom.
> I chose to implement the support directly in corelow, since adding a new
> hook just for this functionality seemed like overkill.
> A new test case is included. It uses "gcore" and then re-reads the
> siginfo data from the generated core.
> Built and regtested on x86-64 Fedora 16.
> On the binutils side, I remembered this time to run the test suite in
> binutils, gas, and ld.