This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: git mirror at sources.redhat.com down?
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, mcgrathr at google dot com
- Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 21:44:23 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: git mirror at sources.redhat.com down?
- References: <CAHACq4pc=k_BGY5SNNBBTKk159-dLPG+hbj0m50EY28YpOwOdg@mail.gmail.com>
On Fri, 26 Oct 2012, Cary Coutant wrote:
> I'm getting the following error when trying to pull from
> fatal: unable to connect to sources.redhat.com:
> sources.redhat.com[0: 22.214.171.124]: errno=Connection timed out
> Is the git mirror down, or am I experiencing some connectivity problem
> from inside Google? (I can ping sources.redhat.com, but git fetch/pull
> doesn't work.)
I'm *guessing* it's some kind of DNS-related problem, with the
obsolete name sources.redhat.com fading in and out from
nameservers (from the client perspective).
Perhaps the git-mirror maintainer (Roland?) could change the
relevant config part of the mirror from sources.redhat.com to
the official sourceware.org?