This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] XFAIL for "Common symbol override test" on ARM targets
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- To: mcgrathr at google dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 02:38:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] XFAIL for "Common symbol override test" on ARM targets
> From: Roland McGrath <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 02:07:53 +0200
> Bug 13802 was filed several months ago about one of ld-elf/comm-data.exp's
> cases failing on ARM targets. I don't know the story about whether the ld
> behavior is actually wrong or is supposed to differ for ARM. But since
> it's been that way for ages and nobody seems to be fixing it, can we at
> least mark it XFAIL so that 'make check-ld' passes if this is the known
> status quo?
FWIW, being the PR submitter, I don't mind xfailing it, besides
obviously being a bit disappointed about no ARM maintainer
having found time to comment or investigate.