This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [gold] PATCH: Filter out -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=. with -O0
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 13:41:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: [gold] PATCH: Filter out -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=. with -O0
- References: <20121025043723.GA19815@gmail.com>
On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 9:37 PM, H.J. Lu <email@example.com> wrote:
> When binutils is configured with -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 in CFLAGS
> and CXXFLAGS, gold tests failed to compile:
> /usr/include/features.h:314:4: warning: #warning _FORTIFY_SOURCE
> requires compiling with optimization (-O) [-Wcpp]
> This patch filters out -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=. when -O0 is used. OK
> to install?
Is there any reason to think that people are likely to do this? It
hardly seems worth it.