Re: Release 2.23 ?

http://semver.org/

See point 4. If you tagged the wrong thing as 2.23, then you need to
do one of two things:

1) Ship the wrong thing. This seems unproductive.
2) Re-release with a new number and ship the right thing.
3) Bonus option. Don't announce it, include more test suite changes,
and any fixes required to make them pass, and then release a new
version and ship a better thing.

Shipping something that isn't tagged as an official version, when
something else is tagged as that version, would be an eye-popping
thing to do, especially in such an important project.

Fred.