This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][AARCH64] Fix TLS relocation resolution
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng dot Zhang at arm dot com>, Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Cc: binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 15:02:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][AARCH64] Fix TLS relocation resolution
- References: <000201cdabb0$dfa70070$9ef50150$@firstname.lastname@example.org> <507D8143.email@example.com> <523202D2-CF48-4496-864F-B065163739A9@adacore.com>
On Oct 17, 2012, at 11:41 AM, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> On Oct 16, 2012, at 5:46 PM, Marcus Shawcroft wrote:
>> On 16/10/12 16:14, Sofiane Naci wrote:
>>> This patch fixes a bug in the resolution of AArch64 TLS relocations
>>> It also fixes wrong shift values for some of the AArch64 TLS relocations in
>>> the howto tables.
>> The change to shift values and signed_addend look correct to me. The test added covers R_AARCH64_TLSLE_ADD_TPREL_HI12 and R_AARCH64_TLSLE_ADD_TPREL_LO12 but is missing coverage of the other relocations modified by the patch.
>> This addresses a rather nasty issue in the toolchain, have we missed 2.23 ?
> Humm, not yet. I will merge.
Note that there is currently no aarch64 testsuite in 2.23, so I haven't committed that part.