This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch 1/7] [gold] Add a new Input_file constructor taking just a filename
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 11:30:03 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch 1/7] [gold] Add a new Input_file constructor taking just a filename
- References: <20121018181556.AD86DE0A1F@ccoutant.mtv.corp.google.com>
On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Cary Coutant <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This is the first of seven patches to add a new "dwp" utility to the
> binutils/gold directory. The dwp utility collects ".dwo" files generated
> by GCC's --split-dwarf option (patch pending review) and produces a debug
> package file (a ".dwp" file).
I foresee a day when we are going to have split up gold code into gfd,
gld, and gbinutils.
> * fileread.cc (Input_file::Input_file): New constructor.
> * fileread.h (class Input_file): Add new constructor.
This is OK.