This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: macro's and local variables
- From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich at suse dot com>
- To: "Mischa Baars" <mjbaars1977 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 09:30:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: macro's and local variables
- References: <507EFDD0.firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>> On 17.10.12 at 20:49, Mischa Baars <email@example.com> wrote:
> Now try to uncomment the '.altmacro' directive if you like.
You _again_ did not read the documentation carefully enough:
Angle brackets (which is what C shift operators are made of)
can't be used verbatim in alternate macro mode.
#define N (1 shl n)
instead makes the file assemble fine with .altmacro enabled.