This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Strange ARM issue: wrong exception table type?
- From: Guido Piasenza <gpiasenza at soft-in dot com>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 12:16:16 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Strange ARM issue: wrong exception table type?
- References: <35a37ea957466b2f7a770e7978aebfef.squirrel@localhost> <20120202104445.GF392@e103070-lin.arm.com> <098d5826f7b6f8520ee6b9359e939f87.squirrel@localhost> <20120202170702.GA2544@e103070-lin.arm.com> <d036d0a64588c4771206ce8cf511dc66.squirrel@localhost>
I also saw this problem, arm-gcc on my machine spits out code which can't catch
exceptions, whereas the very same compiler on a colleague's machine works
I eventually found out that this is triggered by these environment variables on
without these variables I can compile nicely.
So I'd say there is a bug in arm-gcc which is just waiting to show up, and
MALLOC_PERTURB_ makes it come out from the shadows. Other conditions might
trigger the same problem, but for the time being I unset these variables and
hope for the best.