This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Feedback after compiling with GCC and ICC
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Greg Czajkowski <gregczajkowski at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 16:22:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: Feedback after compiling with GCC and ICC
- References: <1349388920.11786.YahooMailNeo@web141003.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 3:15 PM, Greg Czajkowski
> Hi all. Tried to build binutils 2.22 with GCC4.2.2, GCC4.7.0, ICC12.1.3 on SUSE10 and here are the results..
> GCC4.2.2 with --target=i686-unknown-linux-gnu crashes with ICE
> arm.cc:11999: instantiated from here
> arm.cc:2173: internal compiler error: in make_rtl_for_nonlocal_decl, at cp/decl.c:4970
I tried GCC 4.2.4, and it worked. Since this is clearly a bug in GCC
4.2.2, and it appears to be fixed in GCC 4.2.4 (released over 4 years
ago), I don't see any reason to change the binutils.
Thanks for the report.