This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFA 1/5] New port: CR16: Remove "gdb" from noconfigdirs in configure.ac
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Kaushik Phatak <Kaushik dot Phatak at kpitcummins dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 14:29:55 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFA 1/5] New port: CR16: Remove "gdb" from noconfigdirs in configure.ac
- References: <C6CA53A2A46BA7469348BDBD663AB65845B2FF78@KCHJEXMB03.kpit.com>
On 10/04/2012 11:17 AM, Kaushik Phatak wrote:
> This patch is one of patch set to add a new port (National Instruments CR16) in gdb.
> This patch will,
> - Remove "gdb" from noconfigdirs in top-level configure.ac.
> - Add target-lobgloss
I can't see how adding target-libgloss is relevant to a gdb port.
Please keep separate logical changes in separate logical patches, each
with its own description/justification.
> - Make target OS independent in config.sub
config.sub is maintained elsewhere. The right procedure is to send the change
upstream, and then merge upstream into our tree.
Please see the head of the script for instructions.