This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Top Level GCC change questions
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: sellcey at mips dot com
- Cc: jiwang at tilera dot com, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 19:28:16 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Top Level GCC change questions
- References: <505a313b.CydYk8Aj9ArAYv3Wfirstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 19 Sep 2012, email@example.com wrote:
> 2012-09-17 Ian Lance Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * MAINTAINERS (Various Maintainers): Add libbacktrace.
> * configure.ac (host_libs): Add libbacktrace.
> (target_libraries): Add libbacktrace.
> * Makefile.def (host_modules): Add libbacktrace.
> (target_modules): Likewise.
> * configure, Makefile.in: Rebuild.
I am still looking at it, but since this patch (but at least from
a timing perspective), it looks like "make install" uses the build
compiler, not the just built compiler, and hence fails when the
former is older and does not grok flags supported in newer versions
(This may also predate this change, and for some reason now make
install invokes builds when it did not do so earlier, or it is
something different, but something's odd.)