This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: How to add a new target in binutils ?
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: Shawn <shaolin dot xie at ia dot ac dot cn>, binutils at sourceware dot org, Triple Yang <triple dot yang at gmail dot com>, Zhang Yu <clarazhang at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 11:42:26 -0700
- Subject: Re: How to add a new target in binutils ?
- References: <505ABA96.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAKOQZ8wrA8uaFiPd+Qiz8ZDzW_C6yC-zT4ySJ3sfCqNnsbF1Pw@mail.gmail.com>
>> I tried the Gold first, but found it has been bounded to the binutils,
>> and can't be compiled separately. so I tried to port the bintuils as a
> Although gold is part of the binutils, it does not use BFD. So to
> port gold it would suffice to just change the top level configure and
> make files.
There are some dependencies on binutils and gas in the test suite:
TEST_READELF = $(top_builddir)/../binutils/readelf
TEST_OBJDUMP = $(top_builddir)/../binutils/objdump
TEST_CXXFILT = $(top_builddir)/../binutils/cxxfilt
TEST_STRIP = $(top_builddir)/../binutils/strip-new
TEST_AR = $(top_builddir)/../binutils/ar
TEST_NM = $(top_builddir)/../binutils/nm-new
TEST_AS = $(top_builddir)/../gas/as-new
But those are only for a few specific tests and can probably be worked
around fairly easily. There's nothing in gold itself that depends on
binutils or BFD.