This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] Add SHF_COMPRESSED flag to include/
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Ali Bahrami <Ali dot Bahrami at oracle dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 22:35:04 +0000
- Subject: Re: [patch] Add SHF_COMPRESSED flag to include/
- References: <CAHACq4p_RW3V3SerBdmdvhGBsoHazzF7g620XT0qcK3r0txfirstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 19 Sep 2012, Cary Coutant wrote:
> We've discussed the idea of adding an SHF_COMPRESSED flag here before,
> with the idea of ultimately using it instead of the ugly ".zdebug_*"
> convention for compressed debug sections. Ali brought the issue up on
> the gABI mailing list recently, and it seems to have gained as much
> consensus there as it's likely to get.
I have drawn the attention of John Wolfe at UnXis, the gABI maintainer, to
that discussion. Has either of you asked him directly (or at
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) to allocate this value?
Joseph S. Myers