This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Query regarding cmpxchg16b instruction for i386
- From: Michael Zolotukhin <michael dot v dot zolotukhin at gmail dot com>
- To: "Ekanathan, Saravanan" <Saravanan dot Ekanathan at amd dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 20:20:57 +0400
- Subject: Re: Query regarding cmpxchg16b instruction for i386
- References: <8CCF65FBE54B884C85A7D47EBF0834C79B8CD7@storexdag01.amd.com>
There is no flag for architecture, supporting XCHG16-instruction, in
binutils at all. I guess introducing it could be a good idea, as
current situation seems to be wrong.
On 17 September 2012 10:21, Ekanathan, Saravanan
> Hi All,
> In gcc, cmpxchg16b instruction is included as part of ISA CX16.
> In binutils, same instruction is included as part of ISA SSE3 (Ref. opcodes/i386-opc.tbl) and there is no CX16 ISA
> I could find lot of references for cmpxchg16b being part of CX16 ISA but not SSE3
> Can somebody throw some light on this?
Michael V. Zolotukhin,