This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch, mips] Patch for new mips triplet - mips-mti-elf
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: "Steve Ellcey " <sellcey at mips dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 09:01:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch, mips] Patch for new mips triplet - mips-mti-elf
- References: <2f0b8c1e-bf36-4dd7-bf49-714be3471ef5@EXCHHUB01.MIPS.com>
"Steve Ellcey " <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> This is a patch to implement a new mips target, mips-mti-elf. On the
> binutils side this target is identical to mips-sde-elf. The reason to
> create it is so that in GCC we can have different (fewer) multilib targets
> then mips-sde-elf has. This gives us a smaller faster builds. The
> changes for binutils are very simple, it is just changing the bfd/config.bfd,
> gas/configure.tgt, and ld/configure.tgt files to treat mips-mti-elf in
> the identical manner as mips-sde-elf. I also have a couple of changes
> in the sim directory to support the gnu simulator but I will send those
> to the gdb mailing list.
> The gcc patch can be found at
> OK to checkin?