This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RESEND][PATCH] ld: -rpath must search under sysroot
- From: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- To: Andy Ross <andy dot ross at windriver dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 16:07:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RESEND][PATCH] ld: -rpath must search under sysroot
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Andy Ross wrote:
> The -rpath argument would search the host filesystem for libraries,
> even when a sysroot was defined. For cross toolchains with targets
> compatible with the host architecture this can find incorrect
> libraries. Leave -rpath-link unmodified, as build systems in the wild
> are already using this to point to host directories.
thanks. this has been causing me some headaches as documented here:
might be good to note that gold is behaving differently from ld.bfd.