This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch ld]: Fix for bug ld/11539: ld --gc-sections should work for PE-COFF on MinGW
- From: xunxun <xunxun1982 at gmail dot com>
- To: Kai Tietz <ktietz70 at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 15:52:19 +0800
- Subject: Re: [patch ld]: Fix for bug ld/11539: ld --gc-sections should work for PE-COFF on MinGW
- References: <CAEwic4YgiPV-X7qAYzn-hLeH+3pYeXa29E_D8Ci5oZMjm-QMZQ@mail.gmail.com>
ä 2012/8/13 20:37, Kai Tietz åé:
Hello,I notice that the patch only modifies the linker script
This patch addresses for pe-coff and pe+-coff the issue reported about
I remembered --gc-sections option is ignored by the linker on MinGW, so
to enable the option also should modify libbfd?
I saw the initial patch in ld/11539 also modify bfd, but I don't know
whether the bfd part is fixed now.
And you also added
When I tested the KEEP half one year ago, I really found
KEEP(*(.eh_frame*)) can make all --gc-sections target to work, but exe
target using the KEEP will increase the size. Can we only use the KEEP
to dll target?