This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
[GOLD] How can I add a undefined symbol in target implementation, not by "-u SYM" from command line ?
- From: Jiong WANG <wong dot kwongyuan at gmail dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 18:25:25 +0800
- Subject: [GOLD] How can I add a undefined symbol in target implementation, not by "-u SYM" from command line ?
How can I predefine a undefined symbol in target implementation?
actually, I am porting gold for tilegx, and our arch's tls
implementation requires predefiniation of "_tls_get_addr" because the
assembler generate relocation which use this symbol implicitly.
I know there are interfaces, "define_in_output_data/segment" to
predefined symbol with value, but there is no interface to predefine
"undefined" symbol ?
gold linker do support this by command line "-u SYMBOL", but it's
a compile time decision not link time.
currently, I managed to support this by the following ugly code:
which is bad, so, could anyone give me some suggestion on this?
thanks very much