This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64] Binutils/gas/ld port for ARM's new 64-bit architecture, AArch64 [0/6]
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich at suse dot com>
- Cc: Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng dot Zhang at arm dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 14:29:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: [AArch64] Binutils/gas/ld port for ARM's new 64-bit architecture, AArch64 [0/6]
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <5016B6D9020000780009149E@nat28.tlf.novell.com>
On 30/07/12 15:31, Jan Beulich wrote:
>>>> On 30.07.12 at 16:21, Richard Earnshaw <email@example.com> wrote:
>> ARM is pleased to announce a port of binutils, gas and ld to its
>> AArch64 architecture.
>> Please note that while these tools have been used to build a large
>> body of software, they cannot yet be considered complete. We believe
>> that the code is now in a state where it is worth starting the process
>> of a public review.
> Since it was just yesterday that I looked at arm.com, and there
> still was no public documentation available - where would that be
> found (as it would be needed in order to do a meaningful review)?
> Thanks, Jan
The documentation is gradually being published, but it will take some
time before the full v8 specification is made public.
The assembly language, as supported by GAS, is documented in:
You may need to register to gain access to the document.
The encoding information isn't covered in that document; you'll just
have to trust us that we've got that bit right :-)