This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Error when building on AIX
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Perry Smith <pedzsan at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 21:27:59 -0400
- Subject: Re: Error when building on AIX
>>> Perry Smith wrote:
> Usually I use AIX's native 'as' and 'ld' but over the weekend I bumped into a few that suggested to try GNU's... So I am.
Where did you see a suggetion to use GNU as? GNU as specifically is
*not* recommended on AIX. GNU as has not been updated for XCOFF
format since AIX 5.1/5.2 and produces incorrect, broken object files
on more recent releases of AIX.