This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] VAX/BFD: Omit PLT slots for local symbols
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at linux-mips dot org>
- To: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw at lug-owl dot de>
- Cc: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 23:49:18 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] VAX/BFD: Omit PLT slots for local symbols
- References: <alpine.LFD.firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.BSF.email@example.com> <alpine.LFD.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20120715215705.GZ25491@lug-owl.de>
On Sun, 15 Jul 2012, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > bfd/
> > * elf32-vax.c (elf_vax_adjust_dynamic_symbol): Don't allocate
> > PLT slots for local symbols.
> > ld/testsuite/
> > * ld-vax-elf/plt-local-lib.dd: New test.
> > * ld-vax-elf/plt-local-lib.ld: New test linker script.
> > * ld-vax-elf/plt-local-lib.s: New test source.
> > * ld-vax-elf/plt-local.dd: New test.
> > * ld-vax-elf/plt-local.ld:New test linker script.
> > * ld-vax-elf/plt-local.s: New test source.
> > * ld-vax-elf/plt-local-hidden-pic.s: New test source.
> > * ld-vax-elf/plt-local-rehidden-pic.s: New test source.
> > * ld-vax-elf/vax-elf.exp: New test script.
> Even if the test cases wiring-up can be done in one way or another and
> both have their pros and cons, lets stop the discussion here. First of
> all, I'm quite happy that there are actually new test cases. Editing
> another list to let it run is a second step, but ... I think we can
> manage that.
Nothing's going to be cast in stone here, I'll be happy to update or even
turn this test case (and any following) upside down entirely once we've
come up with a better solution.
> Please apply.
Thanks for your review, I have trivially refreshed this change and
regression retested it with no problems spotted. Applied now. Apologies
for the latency.