This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Release 2.23
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Cc: binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 15:58:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: Release 2.23
- References: <EFF1B4C0-3885-4580-8DA9-23540D588E9E@adacore.com> <50183FF0.email@example.com>
On Jul 31, 2012, at 10:28 PM, Matthias Klose wrote:
> On 23.07.2012 14:40, Tristan Gingold wrote:
>> I was rather busy before the summer and hence I didn't take the time to create a 2.22.1 release.
>> I can however schedule a release for this summer. So my plan is:
>> * I will create the 2.23 branch this week and creating a pre-release just after.
>> * I plan to do the 2.23 release at the end of August or at the beginning of September (unless there is a blocking issue).
>> So, if you have big or large changes, it would be nice to wait a little bit. And as usual, do not hesitate to test your favourite platforms.
> what are the chances to get the recently submitted aarch64 target backported to
> the branch once it is accepted for the trunk?
Looks like some of you would like to have aarch64 in 2.23.
As it might change the schedule, I'd like to understand the reasons for having aarch64 in 2.23