Re: [AArch64] Binutils/gas/ld port for ARM's new 64-bit architecture, AArch64 [0/6]

On 07/30/12 15:54, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jul 2012, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

ARM is pleased to announce a port of binutils, gas and ld to its
AArch64 architecture.

Could you confirm the target triplets for which you have run the binutils, gas and ld testsuites for this port, and confirm that you have 100% clean test results for them (except for any failures you specifically identify in patch submissions), tested on both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts (since it's quite common for some assembler issues not to appear on both 32-bit and 64-bit)?

The following target triplets have been fully tested:

aarch64-none-elf
aarch64_be-none-elf
aarch64-none-linux-gnu

We have clean test results apart from one issue in the LD test 'Indirect symbol tests', which we are still investigating.

The testing had been done on 64-bit hosts. I'm currently running the testsuites on 32-bit hosts and working on fixing a few minor issues that have been found. I'll make sure the next patch set is fully tested on both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts.

Many thanks for your valuable feedback. I'll respond to your other comments soon; in the meantime if you have any other feedback, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Kind regards, Yufeng