This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64] Binutils/gas/ld port for ARM's new 64-bit architecture, AArch64 [0/6]
- From: Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng dot Zhang at arm dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 17:36:46 +0100
- Subject: Re: [AArch64] Binutils/gas/ld port for ARM's new 64-bit architecture, AArch64 [0/6]
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On 07/30/12 15:54, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jul 2012, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
ARM is pleased to announce a port of binutils, gas and ld to its
Could you confirm the target triplets for which you have run the binutils,
gas and ld testsuites for this port, and confirm that you have 100% clean
test results for them (except for any failures you specifically identify
in patch submissions), tested on both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts (since it's
quite common for some assembler issues not to appear on both 32-bit and
The following target triplets have been fully tested:
We have clean test results apart from one issue in the LD test 'Indirect
symbol tests', which we are still investigating.
The testing had been done on 64-bit hosts. I'm currently running the
testsuites on 32-bit hosts and working on fixing a few minor issues that
have been found. I'll make sure the next patch set is fully tested on
both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts.
Many thanks for your valuable feedback. I'll respond to your other
comments soon; in the meantime if you have any other feedback, please do
not hesitate to let me know.