This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Error when building on AIX
- From: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Perry Smith <pedzsan at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 07:55:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: Error when building on AIX
- References: <9FB11EBB-6CE1-409A-B8B0-7F4726E6C8D8@gmail.com>
/usr/work/src/binutils-2.22/bfd/bfd.c: In function '_bfd_default_error_handler':
/usr/work/src/binutils-2.22/bfd/bfd.c:730:10: error: value computed is not used
I can't even figure out what this message is trying to tell me.
My guess would be that gcc is complaining that the result of calling the
"putc" function is not being used. In fact, I suspect that on AIX putc
is not a function call at all, but rather a macro, and the value that
this macro computes is not being used.
Try changing line 730 to:
(void) putc ('\n', stderr);
If this works, please let me know and I can update the sources.