This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Reserving a bit in ELF segment flags for huge page mappings
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: Sriraman Tallam <tmsriram at google dot com>
- Cc: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>, Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 13:40:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: Reserving a bit in ELF segment flags for huge page mappings
- References: <CAAs8HmwtgLkz7zL=65=CBseFsMZfw=KzSZtWDptuVE9Yr0y8Kg@mail.gmail.com>
> To do this, I would like to reserve a bit in the segment flags to
> indicate that this segment is to be mapped to huge pages if possible.
> Can I reserve something like a PF_LARGE_PAGE bit?
HP-UX has a PF_HP_PAGE_SIZE (0x00100000) bit that says "Segment should
be mapped with page size specified in p_align field".