This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Maintainers file patch for M68HC1x port.
- From: Fred Cooke <fred dot cooke at gmail dot com>
- To: James Murray <jsm at jsm-net dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, skeys at ipdatasys dot com
- Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 21:28:04 +0200
- Subject: Re: Maintainers file patch for M68HC1x port.
- References: <500EBB83.email@example.com> <1343157254.27950.108.camel@jsm2>
> I'm still not sure I can think
> of a case where a symbol would be created in XGATE space that needs to
> be referenced by the S12, but the check you've added for that case is
> likely harmless.
You may not be able to think of such a case, however dozens of people
are using such code as I write this, and have been for years. This is
a program architecture choice, and not something to be mandated by
> However, it would be worth adding some testcases to the testsuite to
> confirm the new behaviour.