This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ld sysroot scripts
- From: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: "Feuerbacher, Alan" <AFeuerbacher at ALLEGROMICRO dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 07:38:10 +0100
- Subject: Re: ld sysroot scripts
- References: <680BABF85B31BC4DB6E3E4E33D569F4D0ABF7DFE@NHEXCH2.allegro.msad>
I'm having a problem with cross compiling binutils, gcc and glibc on a
Since you are using a Red Hat release, you are presumably paying for
support. In which case I would suggest that your first port of call
would be to Red Hat support.
Is there any information available on applying this patch,
There are no notes specific to applying this patch.
In general patches that do not apply cleanly can be applied by hand with
a small amount of effort.
or on a later version?
The patch is in H.J.'s latest binutils for the kernel tarball
You could just use these sources as a drop in replacement for your
current linker sources.
Is there any further information about the problem Modra's patch addresses?
Yes, the bug report that triggered the patch:
Obviously I'm trying to compile binutils-2.22.
Except that RHEL5 is based on binutils 2.17 not 2.22. If you are using
the current 2.22 release then I would suggest that your best option is
to either use a tarball from H.J's site (mentioned above) or else check
out the current binutils development sources from the CVS repository and
use those instead.