This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Update MIPS32 ABI baselines for _gp_disp
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: <libc-ports at sourceware dot org>, <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 17:27:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: Update MIPS32 ABI baselines for _gp_disp
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 19 Jun 2012, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> Since I last ran check-abi tests for MIPS32, it appears something has
> changed in how the special _gp_disp symbols get reported in those tests.
> I've applied this patch to update the baselines accordingly.
You seem to be curing the symptoms here, it looks like a bug in binutils
to me. The _gp_disp symbol has no fixed value (it's "distance from PC to
GP" used for relocs in text; it has special rules even for that, to
determine the actual value of the PC to be used against) and as such it
shouldn't get past the static link. I can see it's now exported as a
dynamic symbol even.
Richard, do you happen to know what is going on here?