This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Automatically apply an address offset when linking between XGATE and M68HC1x cores.
- From: James Murray <jsm at jsm-net dot demon dot co dot uk>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Sean Keys <skeys at ipdatasys dot com>
- Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 21:04:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Automatically apply an address offset when linking between XGATE and M68HC1x cores.
- References: <500237C1.email@example.com>
On Sat, 2012-07-14 at 20:23 -0700, Sean Keys wrote:
> Users of XGATE and M68HC1x Binutils have requested that the linker apply
> an appropriate offset for one another, when linking between the two
> cores. This offset is only applied when the address is within "shared
> RAM". If the address falls outside this area, no offset is applied and
> a warning is emitted.
How does this compare, interact (or conflict?) with the existing
(I won't have time to check the source for a few days.)