This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: 'match_priority' problem - missing priority for ARM/MIPS/PPC
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Jason Richards <jsn dot richards at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 15:50:06 +0930
- Subject: Re: 'match_priority' problem - missing priority for ARM/MIPS/PPC
- References: <CAJK9zKW29s1SJ2X0LfdeA9gC-BZx4RFctQox1_qJgUCKWb7tOQ@mail.gmail.com>
On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 06:21:19AM -0600, Jason Richards wrote:
> I did some searching on the mail list to see this [match_priority] is
> a new concept.
> I solved this problem with the following patch. Did I miss something?
match_priority can't be used to select among targets to suit your
preferences (except in your own private sources). After all, other
people have different preferences. match_priority is there only to
select among bfd targets where some are truly a better match, for
example, an object file that matches both elf32-powerpc and elf32-big
should not select the generic elf target.
Australia Development Lab, IBM