This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: PR ld/4409: --unresolved-symbols=ignore-all issues on ia64
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hongjiu dot lu at intel dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 20:15:28 +0930
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR ld/4409: --unresolved-symbols=ignore-all issues on ia64
- References: <20120705155737.GA12852@intel.com>
On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 08:57:37AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> This patch fixes "-fpie -pie --unresolved-symbols=ignore-all" segfault
> on Linux/ia64. The original submission is at
> I have been using this for several years. OK to install?
The change to lexsup.c is OK, but you need to fix your changelog.
For the ia64 change, please ping Jim Wilson. As the listed ia64
maintainer and a blanket write committer, he ought to be the best
person to review that part of your patch. I'm not at all concerned
about whether you change RELOC_FOR_GLOBAL_SYMBOL, or whether you make
a different change local to the ia64 backend. What I am concerned
about is whether your change to elfxx-ia64.c is correct for all
Australia Development Lab, IBM