This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [CR16] Problem with TC_LINKRELAX_FIXUP
- From: "Jayant R. Sonar" <Jayant dot Sonar at kpitcummins dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "mr dot swami dot reddy at nsc dot com" <mr dot swami dot reddy at nsc dot com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 04:27:28 +0000
- Subject: RE: [CR16] Problem with TC_LINKRELAX_FIXUP
- References: <C013F7BFDC93F047B111833D343777BD3AAE613C@KCHJEXMB01.kpit.com> <20120630022504.GG3203@bubble.grove.modra.org>
Thank you for your valuable inputs.
In md_apply_fix(), I removed fixP->fx_offset = 0 and it fixed the
However, this change introduced another problem.
My uClinux kernel now crashes while booting the hardware.
I tried retaining this assignment statement under one or more case
statements of "switch (fixP->fx_r_type)", in same function.
However, wherever it solved 'addend' problem it caused kernel crash.
I tried to look into the readelf dump of kernel images. However, apart
from few changes in sizes and addresses there weren't much differences.
Please guide how should I proceed.
Thanks and Regards,
[KPIT Cummins, Pune]