This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: PR ld/14323: Linker fails to handle weak alias with __start_SECNAME symbol
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 10:16:52 +0930
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR ld/14323: Linker fails to handle weak alias with __start_SECNAME symbol
- References: <20120702211657.GA25606@intel.com>
On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 02:16:57PM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> When we check symbol alias in a dynamic object, we should also check
> symbol size.
Always? How does this play with cases where _bfd_elf_merge_symbol
Australia Development Lab, IBM