This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
PR bfd/14207 changes vs *-*-nacl* targets
- From: Roland McGrath <mcgrathr at google dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 12:08:39 -0700
- Subject: PR bfd/14207 changes vs *-*-nacl* targets
Since the changes to fix bug 14207, I'm now seeing these new failures
for arm-nacl, i686-nacl, and x86_64-nacl targets:
UNRESOLVED: strip -z relro (relro1)
UNRESOLVED: objcopy -z relro (relro1)
UNRESOLVED: objcopy -z relro (tdata1)
UNRESOLVED: objcopy -z relro (tdata2)
These are hitting the abort in assign_file_positions_for_non_load_sections
2012-06-12 H.J. Lu <email@example.com>
* elf.c (assign_file_positions_for_non_load_sections): Abort if
PT_GNU_RELRO segment doesn't fit in PT_LOAD segment.
(Incidentally, why is that a conditional call to abort instead of a use of
Dropping the new check I do indeed get a bogus PT_NULL header generated.
So it looks like earlier fix:
2012-06-12 Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* elf.c (_bfd_elf_map_sections_to_segments): Disregard bss type
sections at end of PT_LOAD segment when searching for segment
that contains end of relro extent.
for this issue did not cover all cases. I lack the context that folks like
Alan have on how this stuff is organized in the linker, so it's probably
easier for someone else to build a --target=x86_64-nacl configuration and
debug this than for me to figure it all out myself.