This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Commit: Patch: GAS: Fix DWARF line number generation for target that use linker relaxation
- From: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 07:31:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: Commit: Patch: GAS: Fix DWARF line number generation for target that use linker relaxation
- References: <email@example.com> <20120628130442.GK3391@bubble.grove.modra.org> <4FED965B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20120629140422.GC3203@bubble.grove.modra.org>
The extra checks are cheap, saving a call to S_GET_VALUE that will
only return zero anyway (and will save you or me wondering why they
are done differently some time in the future).
You probably ought to look over all the target md_apply_fix functions
too, for cases where the target does something with fx_subsy and
doesn't define MD_APPLY_SYM_VALUE as zero.
Agreed - there was one target - msp430 - where this was the case. I
have taken care of this as well.
2012-07-02 Nick Clifton <email@example.com>
* write.c (fixup_segment): Only perform the subtraction of an
fx_subsy symbol if MD_APPLY_SYM_VALUE allows it and the symbol is
* config/tc-msp430.h (MD_APPLY_SYM_VALUE): Define.