This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] ld: provide __ehdr_start magic symbol
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- To: mcgrathr at google dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, mseaborn at google dot com
- Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 06:21:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ld: provide __ehdr_start magic symbol
> From: Roland McGrath <email@example.com>
> Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 00:36:22 +0200
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Hans-Peter Nilsson
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > This new test fails for arm-unknown-eabi,
> > mipsisa32r2el-unknown-linux-gnu and cris-axis-elf, probably
> > others.
> For arm-unknown-eabi and cris-axis-elf, the default layout does not put the
> headers in the address space, so this test cannot succeed. I added a
> "#notarget:" line for those.
No; you excluded cris-*-*, which also excludes the succeeding
cris-axis-linux-gnu. Instead only targets expected to hold
phdrs in the address space should be included. Other such tests
use "#target: *-*-linux* *-*-gnu*", which seems appropriate here